Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Nice Easy Week

There really isn't to much to report on this week. This week was a recovery week in our training plan, and next week the training is really going to get ramped up. The biggest disappointment is that it is snowing outside right now so that could really make riding not a lot of fun. Hopefully it warms up so we aren't going to have to ride inside all week again. We were able to get out this week and go for about an hour and a half ride which was the highlight of training this week.
The ride was awesome this weekend, I could definitely tell that the spinning classes have helped to build the legs muscles used while riding. Also, the workouts in the pool are really coming along well. I can feel my form getting better every week and I have seen the improvements in my form translate into faster swimming times. I didn't do the long run Friday, but the shorter runs throughout the week all went smooth and I didn't have any problems. I put in about 10 miles running, 3.5 miles swimming, and 25 miles biking plus spinning so it was a pretty light week. I took Friday off because it was a busy day already with Fight For the Fish. We lost the fish, but it was a fun night so I can't complain to much.
Thanks for checking in this week, sorry there wasn't a whole lot of excitement to tell about make sure to check in next week. Hopefully, its a little more eventful.
"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours." —Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment